A series of foil competitions run by Newham Swords for young fencers of all standards
Fencers earn points which will be accumulated with prizes at each event and overall winner trophies at the final event. The best 3 scores out of 4 events will be used for each age category.
Why enter the Newham Series?
- Regular location for your child to be comfortable in and easy to plan your journey, no travelling across the country on unknown roads to strange towns
- Consistent organisation and smooth running
- Qualified referees applying proper FIE rules
- On site experienced armourers
- Excellent venue with free secure parking
- Good catering and viewing facilities
- Quality trophies and medals
- Newham Junior Challenge Series Events count for points towards the England U15 Rankings.
U10, U12, U14. Age as at 1 January 2020. Minimum age – 7. Fencers may enter an age group higher than their age but cannot move age groups within the series.
Event 1 – Sunday 19th January Completed
Event 2 – Saturday 1st February Completed
Event 3 – Saturday 14th March Completed
Event 4 – Saturday 10th October 2020 Licence: 35697 NEW DATE!
Venue: SportsDock, University of East London (Docklands Campus), London E16 2RD (Home of Newham Swords Fencing Club).
Secure parking (included in your fee). Comfortable seating and viewing. Good cafeteria serving hot meals, sandwiches and drinks.
Two rounds of poules followed by DE
Points system: NSJCS Points System (PDF). Accumulated by BF Number
Prizes: Medals and take home trophies. Shields for series winners.
- U10s must use size 0 blades;
- U12s and U14 must use size 3 blades or smaller
- All fencers must wear minimum 350N jacket & breeches and plastron
- Lamé bibs not required. Such bibs should be taped over by an armourer to avoid damage by the adhesive
Event 3 Sunday 8th March. Late Entry until Wednesday 11th March
Entry Fee: £32.00
Late entry/late payment fee: £50 (applies after midnight on the closing date above)
» Late entries at the discretion of the Organiser.
We now operate a strict no refund – no carry-over policy.
An Armoury service will be available. Minor repairs £2 plus parts. All repairs and blade straightening to meet safety regulations are at owners risk.
Fencing starts about 15 mins after check in. If you are not there for Check In you will be removed from the list of competitors!
Preliminary check in times for Event 4
|Category||Check in Closes*||Status|
|Entry numbers in each Category are limited and we strongly recommend early entry. See Sport80 for latest situation||*Subject to change to ensure a smooth running event and maximum entries|
Each fencer is personally responsible for making sure that his or her clothing and equipment conform to BF rules and are in good condition
Neither BF nor the organisers of the competition, nor any official or referee involved in the competition is responsible for these matters, or for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property however caused.
If you are enjoying our series of competitions you may be interested in this one
Or our Training Camps where you can learn the techniques that bring us success
For future competition and training news join our events Email List!