A series of foil competitions run by Newham Swords for young fencers of all standards
Fencers earn points which will be accumulated with prizes at each event and overall winner trophies at the final event. The best 3 scores out of 4 events will be used for each age category.
Why enter the Newham Series?
- Regular location for your child to be comfortable in and easy to plan your journey, no travelling across the country on unknown roads to strange towns
- Consistent organisation and smooth running
- Qualified referees
- On site experienced armourers
- Excellent venue with free secure parking
- Quality trophies and medals
- Newham Junior Challenge Series Events count for points towards the England U15 Rankings.
*Please Note that this competition is not yet open for entry
U10, U12, U14, U16 Age as at 1 January 2021. Minimum age is 7. Fencers may enter an age group higher than their age but cannot move age groups within the series.
Entry Restrictions: Only fencers living in or registered to Eastern and London Regions may enter. The Entry number is restricted to 64. These and the increased fee, is due to Covid19 regulations
Event 1: Saturday, 8th May
Event 2: Saturday, 19th June
Event 3: Saturday, 10th October
Venue: SportsDock, University of East London (Docklands Campus), London E16 2RD (Home of Newham Swords Fencing Club).
Secure parking (included in your fee). Comfortable seating and viewing. Good cafeteria serving hot meals, sandwiches and drinks.
Two rounds of poules followed by DE
Points system: NSJCS Points System (PDF). Accumulated by BF Number
Prizes: Medals and take home trophies. Shields for series winners.
- U10s must use size 0 blades;
- U12s and U14 must use size 3 blades or smaller
- U16s may use size 5 blades
- All fencers must wear minimum 350N jacket & breeches and 800N plastron
- Lamé bibs required by U16 only. For U14 and below such bibs should be taped over by an armourer to avoid damage by the adhesive
Sunday 6 days prior to the competition. Late Entry until Wednesday prior to competition
Entry Fee: £39.00
Late entry/late payment fee: £55 (applies after midnight on the Sunday closing date)
» Late entries at the discretion of the Organiser.
We now operate a strict no refund – no carry-over policy
An Armoury service will be available. Minor repairs £2 plus parts. All repairs and blade straightening to meet safety regulations are at owners risk.
Fencing starts about 15 mins after check in. If you are not there for Check In you will be removed from the list of competitors!
Preliminary check in times for Event 1
|Category||Check in Closes*||Status|
|Entry numbers in each Category are limited and we strongly recommend early entry. See Sport80 for latest situation||*Subject to change to ensure a smooth running event and maximum entries|
Each fencer is personally responsible for making sure that his or her clothing and equipment conform to BF rules and are in good condition
Neither BF nor the organisers of the competition, nor any official or referee involved in the competition is responsible for these matters, or for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property however caused.
You may also be interested in our Training Camps where you can experience some of the techniques that bring us success
For future competition and training news join our events Email List!