A series of foil competitions run by Newham Swords for young fencers of all standards
Why enter the Newham Foil Competitions?
- Regular location for your child to be comfortable in and easy to plan your journey, no travelling across the country on unknown roads to strange towns
- Consistent organisation and smooth running
- Qualified referees
- Excellent venue with free secure parking
- Quality trophies and medals
Government and British Fencing guidelines are constantly under review.
Only one person will be allowed to support the fencer at one time. This can be a guardian, parent or coach. This is to prevent huge crowds of people gathering at the end of the pistes, to allow the referees space to referee efficiently and also for their safety
All other persons must be on the bleachers, on the gallery or in the café table area.
Covid masks must be worn!
If the advice changes we will advise all parents
On the day of the event, before travelling to the venue, you must complete this form
Newham Junior foil competitions are selection events for the England U15 Rankings.
*Licence No 37920
U10, U12, U14, U16 Age as at 1 January 2021. Minimum age is 7.
Entry Restrictions: Fencers may enter from all Regions and the Entry number is increased to a maximum of 120. These restrictions are due to Covid19 regulations
Event 1: Saturday, 8th May (completed)
Event 2: Saturday, 19th June (completed)
Event 3: Saturday, 9th October (Completed)
Event 4: Sunday, 14th November (Open for Entry)
Venue: SportsDock, University of East London (Docklands Campus), London E16 2RD (Home of Newham Swords Fencing Club).
Secure parking (included in your fee)
One round of poules followed by DE
Prizes: Medals and Cups
- U10s must use size 0 blades;
- U12s and U14 must use size 3 blades or smaller
- U16s may use size 5 blades
- All fencers must wear minimum 350N jacket & breeches and 800N plastron
- Lamé bibs required by U16 only. For U14 and below such bibs should be taped over carefully to avoid damage by the adhesive
Sunday midnight prior to the competition. Late Entry until Wednesday midnight prior to competition
Entry Fee: £39.00
Late entry/late payment fee: £55
» Late entries at the discretion of the Organiser.
We now operate a strict no refund – no carry-over policy
Fencing starts almost immediately after check in closes
If you miss Check In you will be scratched from the event
Check in times for Event 4 – PROVISIONAL
|Age Category**||Check In Opens*||Check In Closes*|
* Subject to change to ensure a smooth running event. Check for FINAL times the evening before the competition
** Age Category Entry numbers vary. Please check Sport80
Each fencer is personally responsible for making sure that his or her clothing and equipment conform to BF rules and are in good condition and for compliance with Covid19 rules as advised above
Neither BF nor the organisers of the competition, nor any official or referee involved in the competition is responsible for these matters, or for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property however caused.
You may also be interested in our Training Camps where you can experience some of the techniques that bring us success
For future competition and training news join our events Email List!