A series of foil competitions run by Newham Swords for young fencers of all standards
Each competition has medals and super trophies PLUS Fencers earn points which will be accumulated with overall Challenge winner trophies presented at the final event. The best 3 scores out of 4 events will be used for each age category.
Why enter the Newham Series?
- Regular location for your child to be comfortable in and easy to plan your journey, no travelling across the country on unknown roads to strange towns
- Consistent organisation and smooth running
- Qualified referees applying proper FIE rules
- On site experienced armourers
- Excellent venue with free secure pa
- Good catering and viewing facilitiesQuality trophies and medals
- Newham Junior Challenge Series Events count for points towards the England U15 Rankings.
U10, U12, U14 Age as at 1 January 2019. Minimum age – 6. Fencers may enter an age group higher than their age but cannot move age groups within the series.
Please note that there is no Under 16 category this year
Event 3 – 11th May, 2019
Final check in times below
British Fencing Licence: 32053
Venue: SportsDock, University of East London (Docklands Campus), London E16 2RD (Home of Newham Swords Fencing Club).
Secure parking (included in your fee). Comfortable seating and viewing. Good cafeteria serving hot meals, sandwiches and drinks. Transport directions and map
Format: Two rounds of poules followed by DE
Points system: NSJCS Points System (PDF). Accumulated by BF Number
Prizes: Medals and take home trophies. Shields for series winners.
- U10s must use size 0 blades;
- U12s must use size 3 blades or smaller
- U14s must use size 3 blades or smaller
- All fencers must wear minimum 350N jacket & breeches and plastron
Closing Date: 4th May, Late Entry fee until 7th May
Entry Fee: £31.00
Late entry/late payment fee: £50 (applies after midnight on Sunday, 4th May 2019)
NB. This is a ONE DAY event. Entry numbers will be limited and late entries are unlikely to succeed
» Late entries at the discretion of the Organiser. We now operate a strict no refund – no carry-over policy.
An Armoury service will be available. Minor repairs £2 plus parts. All repairs and blade straightening to meet safety regulations are at owners risk.
Check In times.
Mobile & Tablet users: Make sure you refresh the page/clear your cache to see the latest version of this web page!
Fencing starts about 30mins after check in. If you are not there for Check In you will be removed from the list of competitors!
|Saturday 11th May 2019||Check-In
|*Subject to Change
See Sport80 for current status
Each fencer is personally responsible for making sure that his or her clothing and equipment conform to BF rules and are in good condition
Neither BF nor the organisers of the competition, nor any official or referee involved in the competition is responsible for these matters, or for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property however caused.
For future competition and training news join our events Email List. If you enter any event you will be added to the email list. You can unsubscribe using the link in any email you receive.