We are based at the superb University of East London (UEL) recreation centre, SportsDock, on University Way at the end of Royal Albert Way right next to the famous Royal Albert Dock.
- 11 minutes drive from the north portal of Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 minutes from the A13 junction with the North Circular Road
- 5 minutes walk from Cyprus DLR station (walk through the university)
- Six bus routes 101, 262, 366, 376, 474, 678 pass the door or nearby
The roundabout outside is quite large with several exits. Take the one AFTER the Woolwich Ferry exit. It is a narrow, single lane exit called University Way. Pass under the DLR and the entrance is then to the right, back under the DLR.
Press the button to request the barrier to be raised. During competitions you may be directed to the main carpark inside the University. Parking is free.
Our official address is –
SportsDock at UEL,
University of East London,
4-6 University Way,
London E16 2RD
Click here for a Google map
- Wednesdays – Elite fencing starts from 6.00 – 9.00pm
- Thursdays – mini fence group 6.00 – 7.00, Junior group 6.00 to 9.00
- Fridays – Development group all ages 7.00pm to 10.00pm
- Fridays – Adult group 7.30 to 9.30
You can check dates on the Club Calendar as other events at SportsDock can cause changes
Adults Learn to Fence!
The alternative ‘legs, bums and tums’. A great work out! And good fun for the guys too!
More about Adult Training
Venue: SportsDock, UEL
Time of Session: 7.30 – 9.30pm
All equipment provided, professional British Fencing qualified coach
- One Session per week £65 per half term
- Two Sessions/week £90
- Three Sessions/week £110
- Mini-fence £57 per term
- Guest visitors Under 18 £12, 18+ £15
- Adult fencing club £72 per half term, £120 per full term