A series of foil competitions run by Newham Swords for young fencers of all standards
Fencers earn points which will be accumulated with prizes at each event and overall winner trophies at the final event. The best 3 scores out of 4 events will be used for each age category.
Why enter the Newham Series?
- Regular location for your child to be comfortable in and easy to plan your journey, no travelling across the country on unknown roads to strange towns
- Consistent organisation and smooth running
- Qualified referees applying proper FIE rules
- On site experienced armourers
- Excellent venue with free secure parking
- Good catering and viewing facilities
- Quality trophies and medals
- Newham Junior Challenge Series Events count for points towards the England U15 Rankings.
U10, U12, U14, U16. Age as at 1 January 2018. Minimum age – 7. Fencers may enter an age group higher than their age but cannot move age groups within the series.
Event 3 – June 2nd/3rd
This is a two day event. Confirm your day and final check in time below
Venue: SportsDock, University of East London (Docklands Campus), London E16 2RD (Home of Newham Swords Fencing Club).
Secure parking (included in your fee). Comfortable seating and viewing. Good cafeteria serving hot meals, sandwiches and drinks. Transport directions and map
Two rounds of poules followed by DE
Points system: NSJCS Points System (PDF). Accumulated by BF Number
Prizes: Medals and take home trophies. Shields for series winners.
- U10s must use size 0 blades;
- U12s must use size 3 blades or smaller
- U14s must use size 3 blades or smaller
- U16 must use lamé bibs and size 5 blades
- All fencers must wear minimum 350N jacket & breeches and plastron
Closing Date: 27th May, Late Entry fee until May 30th
Entry Fee: £31.00
Late entry/late payment fee: £50 (applies after midnight on Sunday, 27th May 2018)
NB. Event 4 will be is a ONE DAY event. Entry numbers will be limited and late entries are unlikely to succeed
» Late entries at the discretion of the Organiser. We now operate a strict no refund – no carry-over policy.
An Armoury service will be available. Minor repairs £2 plus parts. All repairs and blade straightening to meet safety regulations are at owners risk.
Check In times. (Final. Check on Friday 1st)
Fencing starts about 30mins after check in. If you are not there for Check In you will be removed from the list of competitors!
|Entry Limit (Remaining)|
|Saturday 2nd June 2018|
|U14 Boys||9.30||36 (4)|
|U14 Girls||12.30||24 (Closed)|
|U12 Girls||9.45||24 (2)|
|U16 Boys*||12.30||12 (2)|
|U16 Girls*||12.30||12 (2)|
|Sunday 3rd June 2018|
|U12 Boys||9.30||36 (7)|
|U10 Boys*||9.45||18 (5)|
|U10 Girls*||12.30||18 (4)|
|* we may combine boys and girls poules for U10 and U16|
Each fencer is personally responsible for making sure that his or her clothing and equipment conform to BF rules and are in good condition
Neither BF nor the organisers of the competition, nor any official or referee involved in the competition is responsible for these matters, or for any accident, loss or damage to persons or property however caused.
For future competition and training news join our events Email List!